New Research Funding
- Dr. Agniezka Kuc and Prof. Ulrich Kleinekathöfer participate in the newly approved DFG funded Research Training Group “QM³: Quantum Mechanical Materials Modeling”
- The Research Training group “Models of Gravity” with participation of Prof. Peter Schupp was prolonged by another 4.5 years
Rankings of Physics@Jacobs
- Performed very well in the new global university ranking U-Multirank, developed by the Dutch Center for Higher Education Policy Studies (CHEPS) and the German Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE).
- Physics also received excellent evaluationsin the CHE Ranking 2015. Additional info on the CHE Ranking Physics can be found here (German only).
General Research News in Physics
Interested in the most current international research? Check out the newest research in physics published in the APS journal collection
APS journal collection.
- Transport Mechanisms in Biological and Synthetic Nanopores and –channels (16.-21. July 2017) Ulrich Kleinekathöfer
- Novel approaches to fight bacteria (10.-14. July 2016) Mathias Winterhalter
- CoNDyNet Summer School: Stability of Electricity Grids (22.-26. June 2016) Stefan Kettemann, Hildegard Meyer-Ortmanns
- 10th Nordic Sting Theory Meeting (14./15.03.2016) Peter Schupp
The primary biweekly Physics event
Wednesdays at 17:15, in the Research III Lecture Hall
Find the details at the colloquium website
Joint Bremen-Oldenburg Relativity Seminar
Find the details at the seminar website
Physics Support Center
Help for undergraduate students, in particular those taking first year General Physics courses
Schedule and details are given in the General Physics courses
Career Events at Jacobs University
Career Sevice Center