What is Physics?
- The most fundamental of all natural sciences, describing systems from quarks via cells to galaxies.
- Searching for universal principles in nature using advanced mathematical methods.
- Using experiments as crucial tests for any theory.
- Providing many techniques and instruments for other sciences and medicine, e.g. microscopy, X-rays, laser, semiconductor devices, …
Why Physics at Jacobs?
- Early research involvement.
- Personal mentoring by faculty.
- Small classes and lab courses.
- Transdisciplinary teaching and research, e.g., Biophysics or Nanoscience.
- Excellent placement of our BSc students, e.g., Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, ETH Zurich, Uni Munich, …
- Study in a truly international environment with peers from 100 different nations.
- Highly selective English-language, campus based university.
Who are your Professors?
- Motivated faculty with broad international experience.
- Educated and trained at renown institutions, e.g., Princeton, Caltech, MIT, IBM Zurich, Weizmann Institute, Max Planck Institutes, …
- Highly engaged in national and international research projects.
Rankings of Physics@Jacobs
- Performed very well in the new global university ranking U-Multirank, developed by the Dutch Center for Higher Education Policy Studies (CHEPS) and the German Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE).
- Physics also received excellent evaluationsin the CHE Ranking 2015. Additional info on the CHE Ranking Physics can be found here (German only).